This is the Milo v2.2 release. Like the Alpha itself, this project is pretty
much on halt and obsolete. If you wish to help maintaining it, please drop me a
note. These pages are merely here for sentimental reasons ;-).
To compile MILO,
Please note: Milo 2.0 is no longer maintained. If your Alpha used to
boot with Milo 2.0 but not with Milo 2.2, hurry up sending a bug report
- you have to build a generic kernel
- and then a specific Milo.
- Kernel 2.2.x. You should use at least a 2.2.18 Kernel.
- binutils: Should work with any recent binutils. I used 22.214.171.124.8
- Compiler: I suggest egcs 1.1.2 recent gcc 2.96 snapshots like the ones packaged
with SuSE 7.1 or Redhat 7.1. I used a gcc 3.0 CVS snapshot from 20010625.
The URL to get the current release of the MILO sources is:
Have fun and please send me thousands of comments....
Many thanks to Ruediger Oertel, Nikita Schmidt and Jay
Estabrook for their never ending help :)
Stefan Reinauer, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Up to higher level directory
binaries/ Latest Milo-2.2 binaries.
patches/ Milo-2.2 source release patches
source/ Milo-2.2 source releases
rpms/ Milo 2.2 and Kernel RPMs