This is the Milo v2.2 release. Like the Alpha itself, this project is pretty
much on halt and obsolete. If you wish to help maintaining it, please drop me a
note. These pages are merely here for sentimental reasons ;-).
To compile MILO,
Please note: Milo 2.0 is no longer maintained. If your Alpha used to
boot with Milo 2.0 but not with Milo 2.2, hurry up sending a bug report
- you have to build a generic kernel
- and then a specific Milo.
- Kernel 2.2.x. You should use at least a 2.2.18 Kernel.
- binutils: Should work with any recent binutils. I used 188.8.131.52.8
- Compiler: I suggest egcs 1.1.2 recent gcc 2.96 snapshots like the ones packaged
with SuSE 7.1 or Redhat 7.1. I used a gcc 3.0 CVS snapshot from 20010625.
The URL to get the current release of the MILO sources is:
Have fun and please send me thousands of comments....
Many thanks to Ruediger Oertel, Nikita Schmidt and Jay
Estabrook for their never ending help.
Many thanks to Anton Borisov for finding Nikita's 2.0.35-c5.5 tree in
Stefan Reinauer, <email@example.com>
Up to higher level directory
binaries/ Latest Milo-2.2 binaries.
patches/ Milo-2.2 source release patches
source/ Milo-2.2 source releases
rpms/ Milo 2.2 and Kernel RPMs